we need your respect when you're in our blog and no bashing, please. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Please credit '@ Kpop-addicts' when taking out any information from here.
Have a k-pop news update or suggestion for us? You may contact us at weloveskpop@yahoo.com
Thank you. K-pop Jjang! (^_^)

Super Junior "The 2nd year was the turning point.. but now it is our playground"

Tuesday 11 May 2010

[E-Daily SPN Yang SeungJoon Reporter] ‘Super Junior’s Radio Heaven’ Everyday afternoon from 8PM to 2AM the next day, the three ground wave radio broadcasting systems are Super Junior’s.

After Kim HeeChul starts off his SBS “KHC’s Young Street” from 8PM to 10PM, LeeTeuk and EunHyuk take the baton to whisper with their listeners of KBS 2FM “Super Junior’s Kiss The Radio”. The last runner is ShinDong.

He finishes off the day, full of energy(?) from the dead silence of midnight to the next day morning with his “ShinDong, Kim ShinYoung’s ShimShimTaPa”.

They do have a meaningful record. LeeTeuk,Eunhyuk have the longest record for idol DJs to have survived, with 3 years and 8months of time. They survived the 2010 KBS spring reorganization, so their record goes on.

For idols who always have to pursuit a new style, Super Junior doesn’t let radio go even though radio is considered to be an “old media source”. We’ve listened to the philosophy of Super Junior member’s reason for following the “the path other idols groups do not go to” and their joy and sorrow after their debut of 2005.

What do you think is the charm of radio?

▲LT: For TVs, people call it as “stupid box” as we tend to just laugh absent mindedly at it. On the other hand, I think radio is where the listeners can relate to either the DJ or the listeners stories, agree or disagree with it. I think it gives the listeners a chance to take part with the radio. If TV just delivers news, radio is where the mutual understanding happens.
▲SD: There’s not much difference but radio is where the communication between listeners and DJ is important. Sometimes it’s good that reaction comes along really fast. Also you learn a lot through DJing. Why do you think Super Junior members are more “seen” as DJs compared to other idol members?
▲ LT: I think it’s because most of the members started off in variety shows and their “images” are fun and talkative. The broadcasting systems tend to prefer talented members.
▲EH: Radio’s charm is that it’s truthful. You can even listen to the breathing sound if you crack the volume up. I think it’s because compared to other idol group members, Super Junior members showed their true image ever since we made our debut. I think that appealed more. But then there are a lot of prejudice against idol DJs. As they are not as experienced in life, they don’t treat the listeners’ letters from heart, but just answer like an “answer sheet”. Did you ever get these kind of looks? If you have, how did you overcome it?
▲ LT: We do get pointed out for those while advising someone, as idol singers lack life experiences. So I try a lot to read more books and do research so I can improve on it. I think the most important thing is having the mindset of “there are things I don’t know about, so I should do something to fix it.”



‘Super Junior’s Kiss The Radio’ is the longest program by idols members. What’s the key to the secret?

▲LT: I think it was possible because there was two of us. For example, if EH gets Swine Flu, then I try to do better, and when I’m sick with my back problems, then EH supports me.

At least 5 days are live broadcasting for radio programs. Also as four members’ time are from 8PM to 2AM, the time where young people would enjoy their lives the most, I think there must have been times where you didn’t want to do it.

▲SD: To tell you the truth, I do think I drifted apart from my friends a little bit while doing the radio. 2AM in the morning is when all the friends go back home after a tired night, but I think others are better off as they do it until the midnight. Sometimes I make my friends visit me at the studio. (smiles) There must have been times where you wanted to quit.
▲LT: All the Sunbae radio DJs, including Danny (of g.o.d.) told me that 2 years is the turning point, and when we did reach 2 years I wanted to quit. It was so tiring and the idea of DJing very day was a pressure. Sometimes variety shows drag past midnight, and when you have radio, you are restricted from it. Sometimes doing radio programs felt like a burden, but now as we are passing three years, it feels like our playground.
▲HC: When you DJ alone, it’s hard while you are sick with cold or general fatigue. When you cough, it could make the listeners very irritated, but then it’s weird to say “I’m sorry” after the cough. If you don’t say anything for even three seconds, it’s NG in radio, but I do suffer from physiologic happenings. So when I have to cough, I think to myself “should I laugh and then just cough it off?” There are may difficulties as I have to count these in whild doing a radio. But then when the stories from listeners are sad, I can’t laugh it off, so it’s hard.

These days, radios usually have double DJs. For HC, he’s on his own. So is there anyone you want to DJ with?

▲ HC: It would be Trax’s member Jay. The reasons is that we are indeed close with each other, but in my case I don’t “finish” things up, so I need someone to hold me on. As I have high will-power, I don’t listen to others’ but Jay and Super Junior Donghae can control me. There’s also SNSD’s Jessica.

When is the hardest part while doing radio?

▲SD: It’s been really hard ever since Kim ShinYoung noona resigned. At first I thought it was going to be hard as our characters match and the chemistry wouldn’t be good, but as we broadcasted together, we realized that we have a really good chemistry. So I’m little bit worried about having a new partner. (a new DJ for KSY hasn’t been decided yet)
▲EH: Celebrities need time to improve themselves, so it’s really hard when I feel that I don’t have that time to improve. Like now how we’re getting ready for Super Junior’s album and we have radio everyday, so sometimes it’s worrying when I don’t have enough time to practice dance and other things.

In HC’s case, the same time (8PM to 10PM) is when the same entertainment hoobae TaeYeon has her radio program as well. Are you ever pressured?

▲HC: There is nothing like that. I don’t know how you’ll take this in, but I don’t care about rivals when I do drama or any other filming. I believe that the most important thing is for me to have most fun with freedom. If I keep minding other person I can screw myself up. I’m a person who believe I’m more important than the others; If you try hard, you’ll get back what you did, where you are killing yourself when it’s you who don’t try hard enough.

You guys must monitor each other’s programs. What would you say about each other’s leading skills?

▲LT: In HC’s case, his has more ”open” feeling. I think it’s easier for young people to listen to.
▲SD: The fact that HC’s not afraid in front of camera is a good thing. Even though it’s radio, it sometimes feels like a TV when you see it through Bora. For LT hyung and EH, they can talk really well. They make the guests shine. Those are something I admire.
▲EH: For SD hyung, his energy goes well with KSY’s energy. They break the prejudice that radio programs at midnight have to be quiet. When listening to their radio, it make me be in good mood.
▲HC: In case of ‘Sukira’ I’m jealous because LT and EH has things I don’t have. They wrap things up well without having mood swings. They calmly lead the program whereas I’m not as stable as them as I laugh out loud on my own when it’s funny and become really depressed when it’s sad. So I think ‘I can be the best guest, but I can’t be the best MC.’ But for LT’s case, he has a potential to become the best MC. For SD, he makes the guests feel like they’re at home. He has good adlibs on guests’ words and listener’s stories.

In MBC’s case they change the DJs around once a year. What’s program you what to do regardless of the radio channels if this happens?

▲HC: I once talked to the members about Super Junior members being the DJ and the guest for each other’s radios if there DJ changing day happens. Like on 8PM I’ll be the DJ and LT and EH can be the guest, and 10PM I’ll be the guest for ‘Sukira’ when LT and EH DJ. And for SD’s radio other members go as guests. But it’s probably impossible because of time limit. (laughs)

Any listener you remember in particular?

▲EH: For ‘Sukira’ two couples were created amongst the listeners. Some people say they now have a child because they proposed through radio.
▲ LT: The one I remember was on last April Fool’s day. It was where the students asked the Math teacher, “Teacher, please pull down the pants,” so the teacher was embarrassed. But then the students hanged a pair of pants on a blackboard, so that’s what they were talking about. And then later the students asked him to “get the pepper (in Korean, pronunciation same as .. *cough cough* men’s.. yea. ) out of the pants” which made the teacher more embarrassed, but the students had actually put red pepper inside the teacher’s pockets. I sweat a lot reading it. When the DJ comments about something that’s sexual, you have to be extra careful as it could be caught by the broadcasting council… (smiles)
▲SD: I’m reminded of a couple right before they leave for their honeymoon. At that time, we did a live interview because they told us they were going by our station and we told them to come up. We also helped a lot of people become couples.


Do you have any plan to change ‘ Sukira’ ending concept? Some listeners say the ending kiss is getting old now.

▲LT: I wish to stay with it as it’s the distinct color of the program. Sometimes, it’s embarrassing. But there are listeners who only listen to our radio for it, so.. (smiles) And DJ sunbaes you keep as role models?
▲ LT: That would be Lee GeumHi sunbaenim. I imitated her a few times. She really attracts people. Even when I’m driving, I focus on her voice to know “what she’s talking about.” She has a nice voice and her way of introducing songs are unique, so it’s fresh.
▲SD: I respect Choi YangRak sunbaenim. The sentence he keeps using, “whatever whenever” is really amazing. It’s a bets statement that gets you to the next thing you have to do. Once I used “it’ really nice” as my ‘leading statement’ but it was really hard to say “it’s really good” after a sad story. What kind of DJ do you want to be? Any dreams as a DJ?
▲EH: I am still young, so I wish to lead a fun program like “Cul-Two Show.” But later when I’m old, I want to a program like “Bae ChulSoo’s Music Camp” to introduce music.
▲LT: I want to continue on being a DJ before I go to the army and even after that. I’ve listened to radio ever since grade 2, so it’s part of my life. Actually I have a little bit of depression, so I want to try out a program in the early mornings so I can DJ to my liking.
▲ SD: Even if I can’t do GOLD (MBC radio for 20 years) I really want to get the BRONZE MOUSE (10 years).
▲HC: I want to be a DJ that simply is defined as “something only Kim HeeChul can do.” A DJ who doesn’t cross the line but have personality and is able to say anything I want to say. That’s my philosophy for DJ.


please copy ALL the below information when redistributing
CREDITS
Original article: SPN Edaily – [ONE] [TWO]
English translation: Chrissy @ TwELFs.com
TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS WITHOUT EDITING

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join us?

Fill in the form and send to the email address below.

Name:
Email:
Blog email:
Nationality:
Position(s):
weloveskpop@yahoo.com

we need more K-pop lovers who wants to share K-pop news with us (^_^) You can take any news or articles from other websites with proper credits.

Be one of us, K-pop lovers!

Labels

2AM 2NE1 2PM 4minute 8eight After School BEAST Boice Brown Eyed Girls C.N.Blue Changmin D-NA Danny An Epik High F(x) FT Island G-Dragon Goo Hye Sun Gummy Haha Heo Kyung Hwan Infinite IU Jung Joori JYP KARA Kim Hyun Joong Kim Hyung Jun Kim Ki Bum Lee Hyori Lee Ji Hoon Lee Jung Hyun Lee JunKi MBLAQ MC Mong PARK JUNG MIN Pre-order Rain Ryeo Won Secret SHINee SISTAR SNSD SS501 Super Junior T-ara T-Max Twitter U-Kiss Wonder Girls

Since 2nd of April 2010



  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP